Saturday, November 3, 2007

Hoop Skirts, Horses, and Such...

As many of you know, I (Rebecca) went to Missouri to visit my friend, Jamie Billings, and her family. The excuse to get me down there was a Civil War reenactment of The Battle of Pilot Knob, but we managed to fit a few other things into the time, including a visit to a teahouse, horseback riding (and lots of it!), and staying up until unearthly hours, talking, eating ice cream, and other things that people do at that time of night or morning, whichever it happened to be. :)
All dressed up and ready to go (Jamie even curled my hair in authentic sort of curls)
The ultimate Southern Belle
The Confederate line
My first "real" horseback ride :)
(Please make note of the saddle blanket)
And off she rides into the sunset...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- it sounds like you had quite the time over there! :)