Saturday, March 27, 2010

A state of denial...

comic  strip

I'm writing a book. And no, I'm not joking. But, it is not a novel (I could refer you to some of my friends who would second the fact that I haven't a gift when it comes to creative writing). But, I am, nonetheless, writing a book. It's a small book (said friends would tell you that I write nothing small, even when I say I'm going to).

Since music and the muscle/neurological physiology of the human arm are the only two things I know enough about to write a book, your choices are pretty limited. Any guesses? :) My bid was chosen to write a 40 page book on how to read music. Really hasn't been too bad (as in, I haven't had writer's block so far) but explaining and creating graphics that communicate the basics of music reading without being able to demonstrate on a keyboard can make it a little more difficult than actually teaching someone in person. So, if there are any sphynxes out there who want to proofread it... :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

How exciting, Anna! I can't wait to see it!

Peter said...

It is I, the not-so-great-sphinx! I will proofread said book! (Partly 'cause I'd like to learn how to read music better...) :p

Sarah said...

Wow. Go you.

Rachel said...

What??? Really??? I shall reserve the rest of my comments till I see, e-mail or chat you. :)

Sure, I'll proofread it. :P